Drivers, Software, and Utilities
The following sections describe the various driver suites and software support libraries ACCES offers for VxWorks 7.
aioSerial.VxWorks provides a serial enumerator for all ACCES Plug-and-Play COM cards on all PCI, PCI Express, and PCI Express Mini Cards, as well as all related busses, causing the serial ports to automatically detect and install as normal VxWorks 7 SIO devices.
The aioSerial.VxWorks package also includes example source code for querying and setting the per-port RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 configuration on applicable PCI Express serial cards, and source code demonstrating advanced baud selection (up to 10MHz on these PCI Express COM cards in differential modes).
This package does not include support for ACCES' USB Serial IO cards, which are supported by FTDI.
aioWDM.VxWorks provides a VxWorks 7 "Layer" that adds register-level API access to every PCI and PCI Express bus device, including PCI Express Mini Card, P104-Express, etcetera — even CompactPCI and M2 bus devices.
The API provided by the aioWDM.VxWorks Driver Suite is a fully-compatible subset of ACCES' AIOWDM Driver Suite API for Windows.
- The following API functions are provided by aioWDM.VxWorks:
- RelInPortB, RelInPort, RelInPortL
- Register access functions to read a register from an installed ACCES card. 8-, 16-, and 32-bit versions are provided.
- RelOutPortB, RelOutPort, RelOutPortL
- Register access functions to write to a register on an installed ACCES card. 8-, 16-, and 32-bit versions are provided.
- Blocks the calling thread until the specified card generates an IRQ (or the Wait is aborted by AbortRequest)
- Like WaitForIRQ but returns additional data from the card, sampled with the minimum latency possible after the IRQ fired
- Aborts the WaitForIRQ or COSWaitForIRQ request
- Configures customized "disable", "report", "clear", and "enable" scripts for use by the ISR
- Aborts any pending IRQs and closes the device
- Query the API for how many ACCES cards are installed using this driver suite
- Query the API for information about a specific installed card
Download the aioWDM.VxWorks "readme.txt" file for all the boring details!
ACCES has successfully partnered with Wind River to bring our entire line of USB DAQ boards to VxWorks 7!
Our newly available aioUSB.VxWorks driver and easy-to-use API-library, including full source and sample code, supports ReNumeration for loading firmware across the USB cable as well as our GenericVendorWrite and GenericVendorRead functions, compatible with our Windows AIOUSB.dll API. Additional AIOUSB API functions are being ported, ask for details!
With our aioUSB.VxWorks libary USB DAQ can now be used with the utmost confidence for real-world/real-time/rugged applications. Using VxWorks 7 as the solid foundation, and positive-retention cables in either micro-fit or USB-B-with-screw, as well as rugged steel enclosures and DIN-Rail or PC/104-mounting options, USB is no longer "just for desktops".
All our VxWorks code supports CR0540 and newer releases of VxWorks 7, with limited support for VxWorks 7 CR0472-era and VxWorks 6.9-era releases. We'll work with you to support your specific requirements, please contact us for any reason. We're here to help!