PCMCIA 24-Bit Digital I/O Card
- Type II PCMCIA Card
- 24-bit digital I/O port, four and eight bit groups independently selectable
- Three 16-bit counters with multiple counting modes and clock source
- Cable available with 37-pin female sub-D connector
- Supports external clock and gate inputs
- Interrupt and interrupt-disable capability
- Software drivers and examples provided for DOS and Windows
- Designed, made, supported, and manufactured in the USA
INTRODUCING PCMCIAModel PIOD24 is a Type II PCMCIA card (PC Card). It contains 24-bit parallel digital I/O circuits and three 16-bit counters. A 3-ft. long cable that mates with PIOD24 on one end and has a 37-pin male sub-D connector on the other end is available as Model PIOD24CAB.
ACCES supplies drivers and example programs to provide complete access to the PIOD24 variety of programming languages and operating systems; including DOS, 16-bit and 32-bit Windows (Windows 3.x vs Windows 95 and Windows NT).
Many packaged application programs support similar ISA cards, but to use the full functionality requires a customized driver. Please call ACCES to acquire the appropriate driver or DLL for your program.
CARD AND SOCKET SERVICES
PCMCIA Card and Socket services must be loaded on the host computer system before using the PIOD24 card and is typically supplied by the PCMCIA slot provider (the laptop or adaptor manufacturer) to provide the software interface to the card slot drive. In addition, our TSR memory-resident program, described below, is required to configure the card once it is recognized by the card and socket services.
The Card and Socket services handle the PCMCIA slot software interface with your operating system when a new card is inserted (or removed) or when power is applied (or upon shut-down). Once the PCMCIA Card and Socket Services recognizes the PIOD24 card it will then appear to your application software like a card on the internal ISA bus.
SpecificationsReturn to Product Description
- Logic High: 2.0 to 7.0 VDC.
- Logic Low: -0.3 to 0.8 VDC.
- Input Load (Hi): +3.2 microamperes.
- Input Load (Lo): -250 microamperes.
- Max Drive: 5 LSTTL Loads
- Number: Three
- Type: 16 bit, 65535 counts
- Frequency: 10 MHz Max, Internal or external source
- Output High: 3.0 V Min.
- Output Low: 0.4 V Max.
- Level: 2-6, 7, 10-15 set by configuration file
- Enable: Programmable
- Trigger: External or Internal
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 to +60oC
- Storage Temperature Range: -50 to +120oC
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing.
- Power Required: 5 VDC, 47 mA Typical, 65 mA Max
- Size: Type II PCMCIA card slot.
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.