PCMCIA Data Acquisition Card
- Type II PCMCIA Card
- 12-bit analog-to-digital converter
- Up to eight analog inputs
- 32-sample FIFO buffer
- Two eight-bit digital I/O ports
- Designed, made, supported, and manufactured in the USA
- Channel 0 and 1: +/-10V
- Channel 2 and 3: +/-5V
- Channel 4 and 5: 0-5V
- Channel 6 and 7: 0-100mV
Settle time for the input Multiplexer and Sample and Hold amplifier "front end" is programmable to permit use with signals that have source impedances higher than 80 ohms. The analog-to-digital converter provides 12-bit resolution on a 5-volt input voltage range. Overall throughput rate is a maximum of 140,000 samples/second. Conversions can be initiated either by an external "sync" input to the card or by a programmable on-card pacer clock. The A/D converter has self-calibration capability (to eliminate linearity and zero-drift errors) and a 32-sample FIFO buffer. The buffer allows accumulation of data while the computer is servicing other requests.
- Analog Inputs: As many as 8 single-ended inputs or four differential inputs or both but not to exceed use of eight inputs pins
- Input Voltage Range: Ch. 0 and 1: +/-10V; Ch. 2 and 3: +/-5V; Ch. 4 and 5: 0 to 5V; Ch. 6 and 7: 0 to 100mV
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (diff'l inputs): 75 db at power line frequency (20 Khz sample rate)
- Maximum Input Overvoltage w/o Damage: -5V to +10V
- Full-scale Error (after auto-cal): ±1/2 LSB typical, ±2 LSB max.
- Integral Linearity (after auto-cal): ±1/2 LSB typical ±1 LSB max.
- Resolution: 12 bits
- Throughput Rate: 140K samples/sec.
- Logic High: 2.0 to 5.0 VDC
- Logic Low: -0.3 to 0.8 VDC
- Input Load (high): +3.2 uA
- Input Load (low): -250 uA
- Logic High: 2.5 VDC min., source 200 uA
- Logic Low: 0.5 VDC max., sink 1.7 mA
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 to +60oC
- Storage Temperature Range: -50 to +120oC
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing.
- Operating: 5 VDC at 47 mA typical, 65 mA max.
- PCMCIA type II